1. The enamel on your teeth is the hardest substance in your body. In fact, one of the best ways to keep it healthy is right in your kitchen - fluoridated tap water helps strengthen weak areas of the enamel on your teeth.
2. Your pearly whites are your own, unique set of teeth. Even identical twins don't have identical teeth.
3. A baby's teeth start forming before they are even born.
4. Like an iceberg, 1/3 of your tooth is below the gum line. In addition to preventing cavities, flossing helps keep gums healthy by reaching food that tooth brushing alone can't reach. As soon as your child has two teeth touching, start flossing!
5. Kids have 20 baby teeth and adults have 32 permanent teeth. In comparison, cats have 30 teeth, dogs have 42 teeth, pigs have 44 teeth and an armadillo have 104 teeth!